Question of the Week: “Who’s on Twitter, demographic-wise?” (Asked by: Adam O’Neil of Sunlife Financial).
If you’re thinking of using Twitter for business, and you’re a “numbers guy” like Adam, you might be interested in some demographics published by the Pew Research Center.
According to the study:
- Some 15% of online adults1 use Twitter as of February 2012, and 8% do so on a typical day.
- The rise of smartphones might account for some of the uptick in usage because smartphone users are particularly likely to be using Twitter.
- One quarter (26%) of internet users ages 18-29 use Twitter, nearly double the rate for those ages 30-49. Among the youngest internet users (those ages 18-24), fully 31% are Twitter users.
- Residents of urban and suburban areas are significantly more likely to use Twitter than their rural counterparts.
You can read more into the study here.
Got a question about social media or video marketing? Post it in the comments section or write me at [email protected], I’d love to hear from you and I might mention you in my blog!
- Demographics of Social Media Users (jakprpro.com)
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram – Social Media User Demographics 2013 [INFOGRAPHIC] (reginaantony.wordpress.com)
- INFOGRAPHIC: Blacks and Hispanics Are More Likely to Use Twitter (bettinainclan.wordpress.com)